Get The Best Out of Your GPS
AgForce Projects will be hosting a GPS Essentials workshop at Moura on May 25.
The workshop will show you how to effectively use your GPS device and combine your data with the latest mapping software.
Workshop topics include:
• Downloading and uploading information into a property computer mapping program to assist with mapping and regulatory requirements;
• Taking geo-tagged photos for monitoring sites;
• Working with way points and tracks on a GPS; and
• Measuring areas and distances.
How do these features assist in farm management?
• Management of property assets;
• Vegetation Management;
• Natural Disaster Management; and
• Pest & Weed Management
As part of the workshop, participants receive one-on-one training and are also provided with a GPS glovebox guide (if available) illustrating how to use your GPS unit. GPS units are available for use at the workshop if attendees do not have their own.
The cost is $490 per person for the full day and $245 for each additional attendee (50% for additional attendees from the same enterprise)
As an approved training provider, grazing enterprises within the FBA region may be eligible to claim back 70% of the cost of the course through the FBA Grazing Training Reimbursement Program.
For any queries, additional information or to register more than one person per enterprise please call (07) 3238 6048.